Enliven | Positive Ageing Services

We believe everybody
deserves to enjoy life,
whatever their age

Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions

These are among the most frequently asked questions about Enliven Central retirement apartments and villages.

If you have a question that isn’t answered below, please get in touch using the form on the right.

Do the retirement villas/apartments have a title?

No, however, the security is the ‘Occupation Right Agreement’ where an occupation licence is signed. It is widely recognised as the best method to serve the interests of residents in retirement villas/apartments throughout New Zealand. This provides for the appointment of a Statutory Supervisor, and also ensures that residents receive the promised facilities and services.

What is a Statutory Supervisor?

Under the Occupation Right Agreement, a Statutory Supervisor is appointed through a ‘Deed of Supervision’ to safeguard the interests of residents. This is a requirement under the Retirement Villages Act 2003. The Statutory Supervisor is an independent appointee who monitors the Operator’s financial performance and ultimately protects residents’ interests. Covenant Trustee Services Limited is the Statutory Supervisor for Enliven Central’s retirement villas/apartments.

Who pays the cost of council rates, insurance etc?

Residents at Enliven’s retirement villages and apartments pay a monthly Outgoings Charge. This covers a share of the cost of rates, water rates, property maintenance and gardening, building insurance and other operating costs. This simplifies the majority of your expenses, but leaves you free to choose your own telephone and contents insurance providers.

Am I able to re-decorate my apartment?

When you move in you’ll be able to select your curtains and blinds from our range of quality drapery. In the future, if you decide to redecorate your home, this can be done at your own cost in consultation with Enliven’s Retirement Village/Apartments management. Please discuss the options with village management before embarking on your project.

What happens when I go on holiday?

When you go away on holiday we can offer you peace of mind – you’ll know that we are keeping an eye on your apartment, maintaining the gardens and clearing your letterbox daily. We can also arrange to take care of your plants and clean and air your apartment for a small fee.

What happens if I get sick or have an accident?

If your illness or injury is temporary we’re able to arrange other support services, such as meal delivery, health care, cleaning and other home help through Enliven Community Support. These services are provided on a ‘fee-for-service’ basis.

Can my friends and family stay with me?

Of course! After all, this is your home. We understand your family and friends are an important part of your life and they are always welcome to visit, and stay for short periods. For security reasons we ask that you notify the manager when you have visitors staying over.

Can I have a pet?

Yes! Pets are often an important part of the family. Small pets, including cats and dogs, are welcome at Enliven’s Retirement Villages/Apartments, however we do ask that you discuss this with management.

Can I rent my villa/apartment out?

No. The Occupation Right Agreement is for the resident only.