Making Aotearoa New Zealand
the best place to raise children
in flourishing families
Family Works Central’s social workers are trained in providing advice, support and advocacy for children, parents and families facing life’s most difficult challenges.
They’re able to support and protect our community’s most vulnerable by ensuring each child and their family is getting the welfare and assistance they need.
We can help you and your children work through complex problems and emotions, develop coping strategies, and adapt to the world around you. Our professional, approachable social workers are also able to provide advocacy and advice to make sure you, your children, and your family, are getting the support you need. This may include:
- assisting you to find the services you need, including advocating on your behalf
- making sure you have access to the right support and resources, including accommodation, employment assistance and benefits
- connecting, or reconnecting, you with community and family support networks
- providing advice about your rights and opportunities
- supporting you to navigate through legal processes and coordinate services.
At Family Works we focus on partnering with you, and your family, to help you to use the strengths and resources you already have to find solutions to the issues you’re facing.
Family Works offers social work support in Taranaki, Whanganui, Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. In many cases the sessions are able to be subsidised or provided free of charge thanks to funding from government and the community. Please contact us to find out how we could help.
Family Works receives some funding from government to offer vital social work services around the region, however we still rely heavily on the support and generosity of our communities in order to meet the great need. Click here to make a donation to Family Works Central or call 0508 TO HELP (that’s 0508 86 4357).