Making Aotearoa New Zealand
the best place to raise children
in flourishing families
Being a parent or caregiver can be tough.
Family Works Central’s Boundaries with Kids parenting programme is focused on ten principles of happy parenting. It will help you make the shift from enduring to enjoying!
During the eight week programme you’ll gain useful knowledge about the stages of your child’s development; you’ll learn practical positive parenting skills that will help you build strong bonds with your children and promote good behaviour.
- understanding the stages of your child’s development and being prepared before they happen
- personality types and love languages
- parenting styles and the differences each makes for your child
- listening to and communicating with your children
- understanding your boundaries and developing boundaries in your children
- behaviour management, including practical strategies for different situations
- looking after yourself.
The group setting provides a supportive space for parents and/or caregivers to share their parenting experiences. You’ll gain valuable insights from other parents, identify your own parenting strengths and, importantly, realise you’re not alone.
Date: Wednesdays 29 July to 16 September 2015
Time: 9.15am to 11.45am
Where: Family Works Whanganui, 179 Wicksteed Street, Whanganui
To register: phone Wendy on (06) 345 6681 or email us.
Family Works Central’s Boundaries with Kids parenting programme is currently only available in Whanganui. The programme is funded by Child, Youth and Family and provided free of charge. If you are looking for a similar service in another region please contact us to discuss your needs.
Family Works Central’s parenting education and support is only made possible thanks to the support and generosity of our communities. Click here to make a donation to Family Works Central or call 0508 TO HELP (that’s 0508 86 4357).