Making Aotearoa New Zealand
the best place to raise children
in flourishing families
The Community Youth Programme offered by Family Works Central has been designed to encourage young people who have been in trouble with police or the law to make positive choices.
Our approachable and trained social workers and mentors will work alongside you to make sure you have access to the right support and resources to make a better future. Through the Community Youth Programme, we’ll support you to:
- recognise and acknowledge your actions and the impact this has had on other people
- work out the reasons for the offending and address the issues behind it
- gain good life skills, such as self-discipline and working with others
- get involved in more positive activities and ways of being
- set goals and plan for a bright future that is free from crime and anti-social behaviour.
The programme will provide intensive on-to-one support so you can achieve your dreams and goals.
Accessing the Community Youth Programme
The Community Youth Programme is currently available for 10 to 17 years olds in the Hutt Valley and Porirua areas, who have committed low level offences, as well as their siblings. Referrals are made by Child, Youth and Family or the Court.