COVID-19 Coronavirus response.
PSC and its Enliven and Family Works services continue to work hard to ensure its vulnerable residents and clients are not affected by the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus in New Zealand.
Covid-19 update | How PSC is operating at Level 2
After more than 100 days New Zealand has the first known cases of Covid-19 outside of a managed isolation facility. At midday today (Wednesday 12 August), all PSC sites have moved to Alert Level 2.
What does this mean?
- Enliven homes are closed to visitors as per the Director General of Health’s recommendations. Enliven tai chi classes and day programmes have also been postponed. More information about how Enliven homes and retirement villages are operating can be found on the Enliven website.
- Family Works centres will be closed to the general public this week. An essential service staff we remain operational, however client visits will be by appointment only with appropriate physical distancing in place. Staff will be in contact with clients to discuss their individual situations.
- Central Office staff will work from home if possible. While in the office staff should maintain physical distancing of two-metres. The Family Works FDR call centre team based at Central Office is an essential service and will remain operational from the office.
- All staff who have travelled to Auckland within the last two weeks have been advised they must get tested for Covid-19 and follow the Ministry of Health guidelines regarding self-isolation.
- All staff have been advised to restrict inter-regional travel where possible.
- All staff and essential visitors will need to sign in and out to help with contract tracing efforts.
We will review the above based on the Ministry of Health’s recommendations as information comes to hand. We will provide further information as required and will commit to providing a PSC update on Monday.