Our Purpose and Philosophy
Takihoa Takimano | Making a difference together
Presbyterian Support Central (PSC) exists to support and empower people, families and communities, particularly those in need.
Our philosophy, regardless of the service, takes a holistic and person-centred approach. We believe a person’s physical, spiritual, emotional, and cultural needs are equally important.
Vision: To be the first choice provider of aged-care and social services in a caring and compassionate society.
We make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve. Their future is in our care.
In response to the teachings of Christ we will provide social services that effectively meet the needs of those we help.
While PSC operates as a stand alone social services provider, we share strong heritage with the Presbyterian Church and have a common value set.
- RESPECT: We have respect for all people.
- COMPASSION: We have compassion for those in need.
- SELFLESSNESS: We put our clients’ interests before our own
- HOLISTIC: We are dedicated to meeting our clients’ spiritual, physical and social needs.
- PASSIONATE: We have passion for our purpose.
- PROFESSIONAL: We are professional, honest and have integrity in our actions.
- ACTIVE: We are resourceful and responsive.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to continuously improve.
- WHANAU: Our hallmarks are kindness, compassion, love, humour, respect, honesty and dignity.
- EQUALITY: We actively promote equality and partnership that is inherent in Te Triti o Waitangi.
- WHAKAHI: We take pride in our work and provide high quality services essential to our communities.
- KANORAU: We encourage innovation and diversity in the workplace.
- EMPOWER AND INSPIRE: We empower and inspire kindness, compassion and mutually agreed support, reflecting the foundations on which PSC was founded.
- DOING GOOD: We always strive to do the ‘right’ things for the ‘right’ reasons.
- TIKANGA: We embrace and support tikanga, rangitiratanga (self determination) and kaitiakitanga (guardianship of the environment) and believe these principles will sustain future generations.
Presbyterian Support Central’s Strategic Priorities | Whakaarotau
Our strategic priorities to 2025 are:
- Effective and efficient business
- Attracting partnership, business and customers
- Attraction great people, our key resource
- Sustainability and growth
We will be a resilient organisation ready to handle any change and opportunity that may arise.
Empowering people, families and communities.